Neck Pain causes treatment exercise to get relief from Neck Pain
Neck pain is the most common problem in this generation , neck provide support and movement to the head
Neck pain can be more serious problem , it can seek medical care , this kind of Problem is commonly find in that kind of person who use mobile phone for long period of time , sit on chair in wrong portion and use computer for more then an hour and there can be many reasons due to which a person can face neck pain.
Today we are going to discuss about the neck pain :-
SIGN / SYMPTOMS
- Decreased ability to move your head
- During movement of head you just feel pain in the neck
- Feel neck stiffness ( if you will wakeup in the morning then you feel like you neck is little bit tight )
- Radicular pain ( pain radiate from neck to shoulder and arm )
- Difficulty in movement of head
- During pain mostly people irritate
- Trouble to do any work by Hand due to radiating pain from neck to arm
- If neck pain symptoms progress, it can become difficult to sleep. Neck pain may also interfere with other daily activities, such as getting dressed or going to work, or any activity that involves turning the head, such as driving.
- Over use of smart phone.
- Sitting in front of computer for long period of time.
- Reading book or studying in bed while sleeping. ( in PRONE POSITION )
( These all Three points can strain neck muscles , Patient feel stiffness in the muscle of neck and upper traps )
- Osteoarthritis ( Degeneration of joint cartilage , It causes pain and stiffness, especially in the hip, knee, and thumb joints )
- Nerve compression:- Nerve compression occur due to Herniated disks
This is the picture of Herniated disc to make you understand , how our nerve compress , as you know the Bunch of nerve of our body passes through spine, a disc present between two vertebra is called intervertebral disc which provide cushion between vertebrae and absorb pressure of the spine according to changes in the age degenerative changes occur in the intervetrebral disc and the disc comeout and compress the nerve.
- Injuries in the neck can also cause neck pain.
- Diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause neck pain.
Physiotherapy is one of the best treatment in the neck pain which can be recommend by most of the famous orthopedic doctors
Numerous treatment methods are available, such as
Applying ice packs:- It works by reducing blood flow to a particular area, which can significantly reduce inflammation and swelling that causes pain
Heat therapy:- Heat therapy works by improving circulation and blood flow to a particular area due to increased temperature
Massage therapy:- Massage therapy helps the body heal, The goal of therapy is to reduce pain and swelling. It relaxes muscle tissue, which reduces painful contractions and spasms
Ultrasound:- it produce sound wave in the deep tissue fluid which generate heat in the muscle and that heat help to reduce the pain by relaxing muscle and by releasing natural pain killer chemical from the body.
Some isometric exercise of the neck
GOAL OF PHYSIOTHERAPY
> Reduce pain and stiffness
> Improve head and neck range of motion
> Develop dynamic strengthening of the neck and its supporting musculature
> Develop strategies to prevent pain from recurring
> Always use good posture while sitting , sleeping & standing.
> Always take frequent break if you are traveling for long period of time and sitting on the chair for work just gate up and move here and there for a minute and sit again.
> Smoking can put you at higher risk of developing neck pain, so quit smoking immediately
> The weight can strain your neck, so stop lifting heavy weight other wise your hand will be behind you neck pain increase.
> Always sleep in good position while sleeping your head and neck should be straight with your body
> Use a best pillow according to your need
> never try to do flexion of the neck otherwise it can also increase your neck pain.
When Neck Pain Needs Medical Attention ?
When neck pain continues to interfere with routine activities or persists for days without improvement, it is advisable to schedule a doctor appointment.
Neck pain requires immediate medical attention if you are having any symptoms from this following which is given below
- Radiating pain into both arms o (myelopathic pain)
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in arms
- Problems with balance or coordination
- Severely pain
- Unintended weight loss
- Fever or chills
- Severe headache with stiff neck